Ep68 'Therapists As Patients: What Can We Learn?' with special guest Dr Claire Minshull
In Ep.68 of the Sports Therapy Association Podcast, we we welcome the return of Dr Claire Minshull, a hugely respected Rehabilitation specialist with over 20+ years experience working in sports medicine and health as a Senior Lecturer, Researcher, Consultant and Practitioner.
Back in July, Claire was knocked off her bike by a car, sustaining injury that included a dislocated sternoclavicular joint & concussion. Following surgery, we are pleased to say Claire is happily on the mend and in this episode will be sharing details of her personal rehabilitation, including what as therapists we can learn when the tables are turned and we become the patient.
Topics discussed include:
- Understanding the psychological trauma of someone involved in a serious collision injury.
- Claire's personal experience of concussion.
- Concussion Going into and coming out of Surgery - factors to consider.
- How much does knowledge & experience help a therapist when they find themselves as the patient?
- Post surgery rehab protocol - is it for everyone?
- Claire's application of her own strength & conditioning principles to her personal rehabilitation.
- Has personal injury caused any modifications to Claire's very popular 'Strength & Conditioning for Therapists' course?
- Claire's website: getbacktosport.com
- 'Strength & Conditioning for Therapists' course - SIGN UP NOW!
- Twitter: @Claire_Minshull
- Instagram: @getbacktosport
Enjoyed the episode?
Please take a couple of minutes to leave us a rating & review on Apple Podcasts. It really does make all the difference in helping us reach out to a larger audience. iPhone users you can do this from your phone, Android users you will need to do it from iTunes.
All episodes are streamed live to our YouTube channel and remember all soft tissue therapists (non members included) are welcome to join us for the LIVE recording on Tuesdays at 8pm (UK time) on the Sports Therapy Association Facebook Page