Continual Professional Development
What is CPD?
STA members please scroll to the bottom of the page to watch a video outlining CPD obligation and to learn what counts?
- Although Sports Massage, Sports Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation are unregulated professions it is useful to follow the guidelines set out for Allied Health Professionals
The HCPC, the current regulator for Allied Health Professionals defines CPD as;
‘‘a range of learning activities through which health professionals maintain and develop throughout their career to ensure that they retain their capacity to practice safely, effectively and legally within their evolving scope of practice”.
The STA CPD policy for membership category obligations;
An STA members interactive CPD form can be located in the file section of the STA members facebook group or in the members portal of this website after logging in here.
- Student members: There are no additional CPD requirement whilst you study towards your qualification.
- Affiliate members: 18 Hours CPD per annum for the duration of your affiliate membership + hold current first aid certificate equivalent to Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- Full members: 24 hours CPD per annum for the duration of your membership + hold current first aid certificate equivalent to Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- Graduate members: 24 hours CPD per annum for the duration of your membership + hold current first aid certificate equivalent to Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Each STA member is issued their own personal Dropbox folder, please upload certificates and your CPD log to your own dropbox folder.
What can you actually count towards your CPD?
- Further Education Courses - e.g. Moving from L3 to L4 etc.
- CPD courses related to your career - e.g. Taping course, Business Bootcamp, Dry Needling, this list is wide depending on your own career path.
- Listening to career related podcasts - e.g. STA Podcast, Massage Collective.
- Reading research articles and books that are career related.
- Watching videos that are career related - e.g. Learn Anatomy Online content or Educational content found online etc.
- Shadowing someone for your career development
This list is not exhaustive and if you have any queries to whether you can count something else then do email us and we can advise.
All of this information is to be collated on the CPD Form on the members portal.
CONTRARY TO SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS, STA CONFIRM THEY DO NOT RECOGNISE OMT TRAINING ONLINE CPD COURSES.