What to study?
Please be aware that increasing numbers of Level 3 Sports Massage courses are being run by fitness industry qualification proivders which only have 2 or 3 days practical training which are not acceptable for membership so please check with us first before parting with your money.
Things to research before parting with your money or signing up to a course.
- Is the qualification widely recognised?
- Is the award issued by bona fide Awarding Body, EG ITEC/VTCT, ActiveIQ, YMCA? If it is, then it is an award on a qualification framework and approved by OFQUAL
- Is the Award issued an In-House Certificate? Ie does the training provider issue their own certificate? If this is the case, ensure you check with Insurance Companies and Membership Associations that this is acceptable.
- Visit https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk to check training company registration details, their trading address and trading history.
- Seldom is the best training course the one that is delivered closest to you or the most convenient to fit round your work and family committments, if this is going to be your career, invest time in researching all associatied travel and accomodation costs, speaking to multiple training providers and making an informed decision.
Do not consider HOME STUDY courses for manual techniques courses, please visit https://www.thesta.co.uk/site/index.php/membership/membership-criteria to find out which qualifications are not acceptable for membership of the STA.
Once you have a qualifcation, you may consider joining a Membership Association, it is not compulsory even if you have done a Degree, you are free to research and contact any Association to see if your qualification is accpeptable for membership. Some training providers are direclty linked with a membership association or organisation and you may be steered towards their support services, please check they meet your needs and offer a flexilbe CPD policy. STA advice is to ask lots of questions of all assocations and make your decision based on the answers you get and how quickly they respond to emails/phonecalls.